Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Genesis of Boston Marathons or Bust


Not unlike many blogs, this site was built as a result of my being inspired by others and wanting to provide inspiration to others.  Throughout much of my life, running has served as a vessel for the inspiration I speak of.  The emotions associated with running are as varied as those associated with life.  Anyone who attempts a competitive foot race of any length faces the possibility of feeling a myriad of emotions such as joy, rage, pride, humility, frustration, pain, etc.

Boston Marathons or Bust will be a forum for sharing the experiences and aforementioned emotions associated with running.  Another objective is to promote discussion, debate, and the examination of many varying topics associated with running (e.g. which protein bars to eat during a race, shoes for running barefoot, avoiding and treating injuries, marathon training plans, running playlists, paying a premium for earsound headphones, the benefits of running clubs, etc.).  Finally, as implied by the name of the blog, I plan to chronicle the journey of attempting to qualify for and compete in not one, but several Boston Marathons. 

I’m like most of you in the sense that I love and loathe running at the same time. My personal story includes events such as winning a 10K that was held in northeastern Iraq, running a marathon on the White Sands Missile Range in Las Cruces, NM, and retiring from running more times than Michael Jordan retired from basketball.

I look forward to sharing my personal journey and hearing about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment